Top Tips for Packing a Suitcase
If you’re going on holiday, packing is something of a necessary evil. But if you want to master the art of packing for your next trip, take a leaf out of traveller Mimi Lombardo’s book and follow these expert tips from Travel and Leisure:
- Clothes tend to wrinkle less if they are rolled up rather than folded. You’ll also find you can fit more in this way.
- Put heavier pieces near the wheels of your case: this will help to keep the case from toppling over when standing.
- Plastic sheets from the dry cleaners or layers of tissue paper between clothes helps to minimise wrinkling.
- Leaving clothes on their hangers reduces creasing too, and you can simply hang them straight back up at your destination.
- Use a shoe bag to keep the soles of footwear away from your clothes.
- If you don’t plan to use shoe bags, ensure that the soles cannot make contact with your clothing; try squeezing them into corners to make best use of space.