Tips When Travelling as a Family
Travelling with kids doesn’t have to be a nightmare, according to a recent Ytravel blog. The secret is to make sure they get plenty of rest and have lots of things to do when they’re awake. Suggested tips when travelling as a family include:
- Take your time – you can’t travel at a fast pace with kids in tow, so slow down and do a few things well.
- Include everyone – a good family holiday is one where every family member gets to do something they really enjoy.
- Choose centrally located, kid-friendly accommodation that is within walking distance of attractions and amenities.
- Consider a cruise or staying at a family resort, as everyone’s tastes can be catered for in one location.
- Consider an apartment, rather than a hotel or motel room.
- Allow for time apart, to let your kids do things with other kids and give you some quiet time to yourself.
- To keep meal prices down, consider eating out for breakfast and lunch and going cheaper or self-catering at dinner time.
- Learn a new skill together as a family, such as snorkelling or kayaking, as this is what family holiday memories are made of.