Activities and Sightseeing in the Gold Coast
The Gold Coast is a hotbed of activity so visitors will never be stuck for something to do. Escape Travel share its top ten suggestions for what to do whilst in the Gold Coast…
- White Water World, a waterpark home to some elaborate rides, including the Blue Ringed Octopus. Perfect for thrillseekers, it’s also conveniently close to the second attraction, Dreamworld.
- Dreamworld is another theme park, full of rides such as the Giant Drop, the Wipeout and the Tower of Terror.
- Sea World is home to polar bears, penguins and dolphins. Tiger sharks swim in Shark Bay, which is the largest artificial shark lagoon in the world.
- Tamborine National Park is a blend of natural beauty and other visitor attractions such as art galleries, restaurants and wineries.
- For a movie theme park without the trip to the US, visit Warner Bros. Movie World.
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Water World is the place to go to experience the Surfrider, where you can imagine you’re riding giant waves without the years of practice.
- Paradise Country is an Australian farm park with opportunities to meet animals such as koalas and kangaroos.
- Enjoy daily animal shows and dancing at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Hit the boardwalk trail at David Fleay Wildlife Park and take a peek at a platypus inside a special nocturnal viewing house.
- Finally, Springbrook National Park is a day’s adventure in itself. Waterfalls, wildlife and winding roads are just three of the attractions of this World Heritage listed site.