Top 3 Luxury Hotspots in Australia
Australia is frequently associated with rugged terrain and spectacular outdoor experiences, but this island continent is also home to a range of luxury destinations. The vibrant Sydney Harbour, the glamorous Gold Coast, or the natural seaside beauty of Port Douglas? These are three of the most luxurious destinations in Australia for an unforgettable holiday.
1. Surfers Paradise
The Gold Coast is a major tourist destination and famed for its sparkling blue coastline, stunning beaches, and vibrant nightlife. Surfers Paradise lies at the heart of the Gold Coast, with a range of the city’s restaurants, bars, malls, and accommodation situated in the famous suburb. Staying at one of the Surfers Paradise apartments close to the beach is a convenient way to experience the unique vibe of the Gold Coast, and Surfers Paradise accommodation can offer fantastic levels of luxury and comfort.
The Gold Coast is home to over 500 award-winning restaurants serving local produce and Queensland wines. Visitors can dine out at one of the hatted restaurants with breathtaking water views. There are numerous hidden cafes with wonderful fresh seafood, or taverns with a relaxed and laid-back atmosphere.
Go for a stroll around Surfers Paradise and enjoy shopping at the upmarket malls and boutique stores along Cavil Avenue and Elkhorn Avenue.
2. Sydney Harbour
With an unforgettable harbour, Sydney is a naturally romantic and luxurious destination that needs little introduction. Cosmopolitan city living edged with water and beach makes this city a popular destination for luxury travellers.
- Travellers can enjoy staying at one of the numerous waterfront accommodation options to make the most of the spectacular harbour views.
- Those visiting the city often opt for a lunch dinner cruise on the Harbour to sample the fresh seafood and produce.
- The Opera House is a must-visit destination and holds over 40 shows every week, with performances in opera, theatre, dance, and more.
- Shopping hubs, such as the Queen Victoria Building, World Square Shopping Centre, Pitt St Mall, Oxford St, and Double Bay carry major and luxury brands to satisfy the keenest shoppers.
- After a big day in the city, visitors can relax with a spa and facial treatment or a swim at the many city beaches.
3. Port Douglas
If you’re travelling to the Great Barrier Reef or to the Daintree Rainforest, Port Douglas is a good destination to include on your itinerary. This coastal resort town 70 km north of Cairns also makes a good standalone luxury holiday. With rainforests, world-famous beaches, and amazing dive sites, Port Douglas is a luxurious tropical paradise for visitors.
- Enjoy the views at the famous Four Mile Beach, voted one of the world’s most beautiful beaches. You can also go biking along the beach.
- Go for a sailing experience with the local Yacht Club.
- Experience the views of the Marina Mirage from the surrounding hills and catch sight of the hundreds of vessels that depart for the Great Barrier Reef every day. You can also visit the waterfront shopping and restaurants precincts.
- Go for a helicopter ride over the Great Barrier Reef, followed by a luxury dinner or lunch on a boat.