How to Plan an Unforgettable Tropical Gold Coast Holiday
Australia is a land of striking contras: ultra modern cities just hours away from the sweeping landscapes of the Outback; stunning coastlines stretching hundreds of miles next to pristine rainforests. The state of Queensland is one of the best places in the world to enjoy an unforgettable tropical vacation. Whether you’re looking to kick back and relax away the days on a sandy beach, or looking to make the most the sunshine by getting active on water and land, use this quick guide to planning your next tropical Queensland vacation.
The Gold Coast: a Quick Snapshot
Queensland is the ultimate state when it comes to tropical destinations in Australia. The second largest Austraila state by size, the ‘Sunshine State’ spans an area of nearly 2 million sq km and has nearly 7000 km of coastline along its mainland. Whether it’s Cairns, the Sunshine Coast, Hervey Bay or Surfers Paradise, accommodation to suit any requirements can be found in this diverse state.
The Gold Coast, which is home to Surfers Paradise, is one of the most vibrant hotspots in Queensland and a must visit place for travellers. Many visitors to the Gold Coast stay at one of the Surfers Paradise resorts for convenience and proximity to the major attractions. These include theme parks, the Gold Coast hinterlands, shopping malls, restaurants and pubs, and, of course, the stunning beaches.
Enjoying local beaches is an integral part of any tropical location, and the festive atmosphere on the Gold Coast makes it easy to unwind on any of its 21 patrolled beaches.
Main Beach, Surfers Paradise Beach, Broadbeach, Mermaid Beach, Miami and Nobby Beach, and Kirra Beach are some of the well-known sandy stretches on or near the Gold Coast.
If you’re interested in undertaking some outdoor activities, there is a plethora of outdoor activities to enjoy on the Gold Coast.
- Swimming and surfing. Whether you’re a pro surfer or just starting out, there’s a beach just right for your requirements.
- Jet boating and jet boat skiing. Jet boating and jet boat skiing are popular activities on the Gold Coast, and another way to take in the stunning views and enjoy the water.
- Cruising. For a slower pace, take a boat trip day out on to the water.
- Scuba diving and snorkelling. With beautiful coral reefs and marine life, the Gold Coast has some remarkable diving sites for enthusiasts.
- 4DW adventures. The Gold Coast’s hinterland was made for 4WD adventures. Sign up for a tour to see more of the state.
- Wildlife and nature. Get close to nature at the Gold Coast hinterlands or in the surrounding wildlife parks and reserves.
Food is an important part of any vacation, and the Gold Coast is home to a range of award winning restaurants, as well as laid back cafes and pubs for a casual meal. Cuisines available include modern café, Japanese, seafood, Italian, Thai, Chinese, French, Mexican, and much more.
No tropical holiday would be complete without some relaxation and pampering. If it’s some pampering that you’re after, the Gold Coast has a range of first-class day spas and professional massage services. There are luxurious day spa resorts right in the Coast itself or further inland in the hinterlands.