Five of Australia’s Best Holiday Spots
The staff at 1Cover Travel Insurance recently provided their top five family holiday destinations in Australia, along with some recommendations of what to do in these iconic Australian spots.
- Great Barrier Reef, QLD – It is hard to imagine a better holiday spot for a child than this World Heritage-listed playground. As one of the few remaining natural wonders of the world, it’s an important part of Australia to be seen and preserved.
- Kangaroo Island, SA – This is a true back-to-nature holiday, and it can’t get more Australian than seeing kangaroos, koalas and sea-lions.
- Canberra, ACT – Attractions and institutions such as the Questacon science museum and Parliament House make this a uniquely Australian cultural getaway.
- Hobart, TAS – You only have to say the words “Cadbury Chocolate Factory” and the children will want to go. This wonderful tasting experience is matched by Hobart’s beautiful scenery.
- Gold Coast, QLD – Theme parks, shops and, of course, beaches makes the Gold Coast one of Australia’s most popular holiday destinations.